SWE Learning empowers women to succeed at every stage of their personal development and professional careers. We support the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women in engineering through career resources, professional development, and one-to-one networking opportunities through live and online learning.
SWE is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). SWE complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, SWE is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Advance Learning Center
SWE’s online Advance Learning Center provides access to a valuable collection of professional development content available when your schedule allows. New courses are constantly being developed based on identified learning needs. Our most popular learning paths include Leadership Fundamentals, Project Management Skills, Inclusive Leadership, and Job Seeking & Career Transitions.
Advance Power User
Being a lifelong learner isn’t easy. SWE wants to support and recognize members who are passionate about learning and growth.
To recognize SWE members committed to reaching their full potential as engineers and leaders, SWE is excited to announce our new SWE Advance Power User program starting in 2023! SWE will begin recognizing those who have taken steps to improve themselves and striving for personal, academic, and professional growth by completing courses in the Advance Learning Center (ALC).
How do you become the SWE ADVANCE Power User?
The Advance Power Users are current SWE members who have completed the most Advance Learning Center courses during the following times.
- January 1 to March 31 – Power User announced on April 10, 2023
- April 1 to June 31 – Power User announced on August 10, 2023
- July 1 to September 31 – Power User announced on October 10, 2023
- October 1 to December 31 – Power User announced on January 10, 2024
What do SWE ADVANCE Power Users Receive?
- A WE Annual Conference registration grant – The grant must be used in the same year recognized as the power user or the following year.
- An Advance Power User digital badge to add to your email signature and Linkedin profile
- A virtual professional headshot
- Recognition through SWE’s Advance Learning Center newsletter and on social media
Visit the Advance Learning Center today to check out a wide variety of educational, inspirational, and versatile courses!
Rules & Regulations
- Must be active SWE members.
- Members are allowed to win one time each calendar year.
- Registrations for special programs (SHLA, CLI, and ALWE) do not count.
- In order for courses to be counted, you must earn a certificate for each course. Verification of certificates earned are located on the homepage under My Content, or by clicking on your name in the upper right
- SWE Youth Protection: Code of Conduct & Standards for Interacting with Youth: All SWE members and volunteers who interact with youth in SWE-sponsored youth programs are required to complete the training every 3 years.
- Developing the Mindset For Inclusive Leadership: This series is required for SWE leaders to complete and aims to build leadership, inclusion and allyship behaviors. After completing the five asynchronous courses, users will be awarded a digital badge.
- Project Management Skills for Project Managers: Four-part eLearning series is designed to teach essential engineering project management skills.
- Leadership Fundamentals: This series was designed to educate engineers on the skills necessary to be an influential leader. Broken up into five, narrated eLearning modules, with each taking approximately 15 – 20 minutes to complete.
- Communication Cues Series #1: Counteract Socially-Conditioned Thinking
- Speak Up! How to Show Up with Presence and Communicate Your Ideas Effectively
- Attract Advocacy of Influential Sponsors