SWE is pleased to offer membership to full-time K-12 educators. A special reduced membership rate of $20 is available to full-time K-12 educators. Please take advantage of it today!
As an educator, SWE membership provides valuable K-12 outreach tools and support, including:
- Access to SWE K-12 outreach resources and activities locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Award-winning SWE Magazine
- K-12 outreach online learning resources
- Reduced registration fees for SWE’s Annual Conference
- Access to SWE’s outreach community
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with SWE members: Collegiate, professional and corporate members
Start a SWENext Club
SWENext Clubs are a way for students to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in their area. SWENext Club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. Learn more about starting a SWENext Club here.
Programs for Educators
- 5 NSF-Supported STEM Resources for Virtual Learning
- Engineering Activities and Lesson Plans
- Teach Engineering – a collaborative project between faculty, students, and teachers.
- Techbridge – resources and activities available for girls and volunteers.
- Computerscience.org – STEM for Kids – Our team has created a massive guide to STEM for Kids. This guide provides links to over 150 courses, top resources for each subject of the STEM curriculum, websites, activities, and is organized by age group for easy access. STEM curriculum combines Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math to provide students with an approach focused on real-world applications. In recent years, American schools have ramped efforts to increase the number of available STEM programs. With the increased interest in STEM careers, accessing these programs early on can ensure the students of Chicago are well prepared for the future. However, in response to the pandemic, many schools have shifted to a completely virtual setting. As parents navigate the unpredictability of remote education, accessing at-home STEM opportunities for their children may prove to be more difficult than expected.