SWE is pleased to offer membership to full-time K-12 educators. SWE’s mission includes encouraging more women to become engineers, and you can support that mission by helping reach girls. A special reduced membership rate of $20 is available to full-time K-12 educators.
As an educator SWE membership provides valuable K-12 outreach tools and support for you including:
- Access to SWE K-12 outreach resources and activities locally, nationally and internationally
- SWE’s monthly e-newsletter, All Together
- Award-winning SWE Magazine
- K-12 outreach webinars
- Reduced registration fees for SWE’s Annual Conference
- Access to SWE’s outreach community
- Discounted K-12 outreach merchandise via the SWE Store
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with SWE members: Collegiate, professional and corporate members
SWE NextEd Newsletter
Are you curious about how to inspire the next generation of engineers? The SWENextEd Educator Newsletter provides everyday tips you can use to introduce engineering into the classroom. By subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive regular updates on SWE resources designed to build a more inclusive engineering experience particularly for young women.
Find and engineer near you and resources to use with your students and SWENexters.
- link up with and engineer in your area
- Try cool engineering activities
- Middle School Club resources
- High School club resources
SWENext Clubs are a way to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in your area. Your SWENext club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. You can work on projects that use engineering to help people in your community, or compete in a competition like Future City Competition or FIRST Robotics Competition. Your club can be all about engineering outreach for younger students. The direction of your club is up to you!
K-12 Educators who are interested in starting a SWENext Club or becoming a club advisor should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.