SWENext offers a variety of resources for students, educators, SWE members, and adult advocates. Included below are recruitment flyers, various outreach resources, books, and presentations for your use.
SWENext Recruitment Flyers
- SWENext Logos
- SWENext Bookmark
- SWENext Connect Template for Mentoring Events
- SWENext Customizable 6 Foot 4-Sided Tablecloth
- Steps for printing the SWENext Banner Table Cloth
- SWENext Girl Scout Event Patches (10 Pack)
- SWENext For SWE Members
- SWENext For SWE Members High School
- SWENext For SWE Members Short
- SWENext For SWE Members General
Engineering is pretty cool, and lots of engineers and authors think so, too! We’ve gathered a list of suggested books about amazing girls and women engineers! Check them out for your next read!
Rosie Revere, Engineer | Andrea Beaty
- Rosie wants to build something that flies, but it only hovers. Her great-great-aunt gives her important advice: never to give up.
- Check out the book from your public library, buy it, or listen to a read-aloud!
- Learn more about Rosie Revere’s adventure here! Check out the Rosie Revere-inspired chapter books: Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters!
Gutsy Girls Go for Science: Engineers | Diane C. Taylor
- Meet five women who changed the role of women in engineering. Imagine what differences you can make in the world as an engineer!
- Check out the book from your public library or buy it!
- Learn more about the Gutsy Girls Go for Science Series!
Audrey the Amazing Inventor | Rachel Valentine
- Meet Audrey, an aspiring inventor. Her inventions don’t always work out. Failure, after failure, Audrey feels like giving up. Read about what she does to overcome her fear of failure.
- Check out the book from your public library, buy it, or listen to a read-aloud.
- Draw your own invention. Learn more about the author, Rachel Valentine.
- Mary Golda Ross was Lockheed Aircraft Corporation’s first woman and Indigenous engineer. She was an aerospace engineer. She designed top-secret airplanes and spacecraft. Learn more about her adventure as a classified engineer.
- Check out the book from your public library or buy it.
- Learn more about Mary Golda Ross.
- Learn more about Cherokee author Traci Sorell and Métis illustrator Natasha Donovan.
Elements of Genius: Nikki Tesla and the Ferret-Proof Death Ray | Jess Keating
- After inventing devices like the death ray that blows up her bedroom, Nikki Tesla is sent to Genius Academy. Nikki doesn’t quite feel like she fits in, and she has a deep, dark secret that nobody can know. When her death ray is stolen, Nikki teams up with her new friends to catch the thief.
- Check out the book from your public library, buy it, and listen to this read-aloud of the first chapter.
- Learn more about the author’s Elements of Genius Series.