SWENext is a way for girls to become a part of the SWE engineering community as students through the age of 18. SWENexters have access to programs, mentors, and resources designed to develop leadership skills and self-confidence to #BeThatEngineer and succeed in engineering and technology careers. Although our program focuses on girls, all students are encouraged to get involved. Click here to learn more about the benefits of joining SWENext.
- Empower students to prepare for careers in engineering and technology.
- Provide programming for students to develop leadership skills and self-confidence to succeed in careers in engineering and technology.
- Expand the image of the engineering and technology professions as a positive force in improving the quality of life.
- Provide programming to empower students to become advocates for peers and younger girls.
- Demonstrate the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide opportunities to learn and network with peers, role models, and engineering professionals.
SWENext Clubs are a way to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in your area! Your SWENext Club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. The direction of your club is up to you! Below are a few common things clubs do:
- Work on projects that use engineering to help people in your community
- Compete in SWENext Club Challenges, Future City Competition, or FIRST Robotics.
- Gain leadership experience
- Host outreach events for younger students in your community
- Attend outreach events hosted by SWE sections in your area
- Explore career and college options
SWENext Club Resources
- Club 101 Guide for SWENexters
- Club 101 Guide for Adult Advocates
- Club Activity Guide
- Get Funding for a Club
- SWENext Club Resources
- Receive Funding for A FIRST Robotics Competition
Find A SWENext Club Near You!
There are more than 280 SWENext Clubs around the world. Use the map below to see if there is a club in your area. If you are an existing SWENext Club and the information on the map needs to be updated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.