SWE is dedicated to supporting our members, no matter where they are in the world. There are many different opportunities for global members to get involved and connect with their SWE network.
- Global Affiliate Program: Local affiliates nurture a community of like-minded individuals who work to advance women in engineering in their area. Learn more.
- Global Ambassador Program: Our leaders are the backbone of the Society. Ambassadors further SWE’s mission while sharpening their leadership skills. Learn more.
- Events and Workshops: WE Local conferences are multi-day events that harness SWE’s annual conference energy on a smaller scale. Learn more about WE Local Europe and WE Local India. SWE also hosts small workshops throughout the year to deliver in-person professional development experiences around the world. Due to COVID-19, in-person workshops are on hold, but virtual opportunities will be announced as available.
- Advanced Leadership Opportunities: SWE members ready to take their leadership to the next level should consider participating on a committee. The application to volunteer on a committee is open year-round, and there are various focus areas. Learn more.
To make SWE membership accessible and available at an equitable price point, SWE provides extensive discounts to individuals from a list of over 180 countries in regions where there is a significant economic variance from the United States (where SWE is headquartered).
- Member discounts are given at 67% or 50% of the cost of Professional or Collegiate 1 Year membership dues. Discounts are not available for C2C, Life Membership, or joint membership products.
- No promo code is needed; a discount is automatically applied at checkout based on the country entered by the individual.
- Download the full list of countries to determine the eligible discount per country.
SWE recognizes the value of partnering with national and regional entities to deliver localized educational programs and services to women engineers in all parts of the world. SWE Sister Organizations share the Society’s mission and values and are dedicated to helping women achieve their full potential in their careers as engineers and leaders.
Benefits of SWE Sister Organizations
Members of SWE Sister Organizations are valued “Friends of SWE” and entitled to various SWE benefits, which may include access to online professional development training through SWE ADVANCE, opportunities to co-host and co-brand local events, special rates to attend SWE’s Annual Conference, and much more.
List of SWE Sister Organizations
SWE Sister Organizations include:
Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
Japan Women’s Innovative Network (JWIN)
Women in Science, Engineering and Technology in Korea (WiTeck)
Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN)
Thank you to SWE Global Champions
Global Champions advance SWE’s mission by committing to actively create, nurture and sustain organizational opportunities for women engineers and technologists across the globe.