SWE is dedicated to supporting our members, no matter where they are in the world. There are many different opportunities for global members to get involved and connect with their SWE network.
- Global Affiliate Program: Local affiliates nurture a community of like-minded individuals who work to advance women in engineering in their area. Learn more.
- Global Ambassador Program: Our leaders are the backbone of the Society. Ambassadors further SWE’s mission while sharpening their leadership skills. Learn more.
- Events and Workshops: WE Local conferences are multi-day events that harness the energy of SWE’s annual conference on a smaller scale. Learn more about WE Local Europe and WE Local India. SWE also hosts small workshops throughout the year to deliver in-person professional development experiences around the world. Due to COVID-19, in-person workshops are on hold, but virtual opportunities will be announced, as available.
- Advanced Leadership Opportunities: SWE members ready to take their leadership to the next level should consider participating on a committee. The application to volunteer on a committee is open year round and there are a variety of different focus areas. Learn more.
Discounted Membership Rates for Global Members
In an effort to make SWE membership accessible and available at an equitable price point, SWE provides extensive discounts to individuals from a list of over 180 countries in regions where there is a significant economic variance from the United States (where SWE is headquartered).
- Member discounts are given at either 67% or 50% of the cost of Professional or Collegiate 1 Year membership dues. Discounts are not available for C2C, Life Membership, or joint membership products.
- No promo code is needed; discount is automatically applied at check-out based on the country entered by the individual.
- Download the full list of countries to determine the eligible discount per country.
SWE recognizes the value of partnering with national and regional entities to deliver localized educational programs and services to women engineers in all parts of the world. SWE Sister Organizations share the Society’s mission and values and are dedicated to helping women achieve their full potential in their careers as engineers and leaders.
Members of SWE Sister Organizations are valued “Friends of SWE” and entitled to various SWE benefits, which may include access to online professional development training through SWE ADVANCE, opportunities to co-host and co-brand local events, special rates to attend SWE's Annual Conference and much more.
If you are a member of a SWE Sister Organization, please contact your organization to learn more about your SWE benefits. If you would like to learn how your organization can participate in the SWE Sister Organization Program, please contact us at email@example.com.
SWE Sister Organizations include:
Japan Women’s Innovative Network (JWIN)
Thank you to SWE Global Champions
Global Champions advance SWE’s mission by committing to actively create, nurture and sustain organizational opportunities for women engineers and technologists across the globe.