Global Ambassador Program
The Global Ambassador Program is an opportunity for SWE members outside of the USA to serve in leadership positions to advance SWE's mission. Global Ambassadors promote the SWE brand, grow the SWE community in their region and contribute their diverse global perspectives to SWE's global strategy.
"My role as a Global Ambassador has helped me phenomenally, not just as an aid for self-discovery and development, but has ingrained the social sense of collectivity. It has connected me with the brightest, kindest and nicest of women from across the globe who have taken their time out to help me grow so much."
- Preethi, FY20 Global Ambassador
Become a Global Ambassador
SWE Global Ambassadors serve for one year from 1 July to 30 June. They are provided training and tools to prepare them for success in this volunteer leadership role. Global Ambassadors must reapply each year to ensure they remain up-to-date on SWE activities and pledge their continued commitment. The next application period will open in May 2021.
The Global Ambassador Program seeks individuals from diverse backgrounds that would like to serve in a leadership position representing their city, country, region and the Society.
- Paid SWE member
- Reside outside of the United States
- Commit to the ambassador responsibilities for the full year from 1 July to 30 June
- Commit to being actively involved in campus and/or community activities
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. However, ambassadors are eligible for authorized reimbursement funding.
If you are not ready to commit an entire year to serve as a Global Ambassador, but you still want to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about other opportunities.
Global Ambassador Responsibilities
The Global Ambassador role focuses on representing and promoting SWE, while also growing your personal leadership abilities.
- Actively promote the SWE brand through various communication tools, i.e., personal social media, current employer forums, speaking at events, authoring a published article, etc.
- Actively recruit and serve as a resource for engineers in your area interested in joining SWE or participating in a SWE activity.
- Stay up-to-date with current membership and SWE network statistics; be knowledgeable about SWE activities in your city and country.
- Be familiar with activities outside your region in order to provide a general overview of global activities to potential members and partners.
- Promote SWE's annual conference and, when applicable, regional/local SWE conferences and workshops.
- Assist SWE with the localization of products and services for your region. This could include editing resources and toolkits to reflect the norms in your country, serving as a speaker for a webinar or podcast, or identifying local partnerships that could be mutually beneficial.
- Serve as a resource for Collegiate or Professional Affiliate(s) your area.
- Serve as a resource for teachers and administrators in your area interested in SWE Outreach activities.
- Maintain a record of your activities a as SWE Global Ambassador and submit regular reports.
Personal Leadership Development:
- Complete one of the five SWE Leadership Competency eLearning Modules – Communication, Business Knowledge and Management, Self-Management, Leadership Abilities, or Mentoring, Coaching and Sponsorship – based on interest.
- Create a personal Leadership Development Plan (template provided by SWE) in order to set measurable, time sensitive and realistic goals to support your role as a SWE Global Ambassador. The plan will include:
- Leadership Vision with examples of role models or mentors
- Blind Spots & Learning Agenda
- Personal Mission Statement
- Realignments and coalitions
- Regularly participate in SWE Global Ambassador conference calls, training webinars and in-person meetings, when applicable.
Meet the Global Ambassadors
Get to know the FY21 Global Ambassadors who span more than 20 countries and bring a rich diversity of cultures and experiences to SWE.
Read more about these leaders from around the world who are advocating for the advancement of women in engineering and technology.
|Sanjneet Joshi - Email||Brussels||Belgium||Procter and Gamble|
|Adriele Rocha - Email||Catalão||Brazil||John Deere|
|Fabiane Conrad - Email||Horizontina||Brazil||John Deere|
|Cecilia Breda - Email||Indaiatuba||Brazil||John Deere|
|Carla Ribeiro - Email||São Paulo||Brazil||Cummins|
|Karen Chan - Email||Oshawa||Canada||TD Bank Group|
|Olivia Gillis - Email||Toronto||Canada||AGI Improtech|
|Farokh Iaqa Kakar - Email||Toronto||Canada||Ryerson University|
|Elaine Samuel - Email||Toronto||Canada||GM BluePlan Engineering Ltd.|
|Akhila Srinivasan - Email||Toronto||Canada||CIMA+|
|Tugce Tuysuz - Email||Vancouver||Canada||Permascand AB|
|Kathryn Doe - Email||Windsor||Canada||Jabil Healthcare|
|Wei Dongjie - Email||Beijing||China||Cummins|
|Cynthia Li - Email||Beijing||China||Cummins|
|Evy Pinero - Email||Beijing||China||Tsinghua University|
|Mingjie Luo - Email||Chongqing||China||Cummins|
|Xiang Xiaoye - Email||HeFei||China||Cummins|
|Fiona Han - Email||Wuhan||China||Cummins|
|Fengqin Liu - Email||Wuhan||China||Cummins|
|Qianyun Chen - Email||Xi'an||China||XCEC|
|Wei Zhu - Email||Wuxi||China||Cummins|
|Dan Jiang - Email||Wuxi||China||Caterpillar|
|Blanca Navarro - Email||Heredia||Costa Rica||DXC|
|Jarmila Novakova - Email||Brno||Czech Republic||Honeywell|
|Amira Nasrallah - Email||Cairo||Egypt||SOPHOS|
|Katrina Simpson - Email||Aachen||Germany||INNIO Jenbacher GmbH|
|Maheera Abdul Ghani - Email||Darmstadt||Germany||TU Darmstadt|
|Anca Eisele - Email||Mannheim||Germany||John Deere|
|Marwa El Hefnawy - Email||Munich||Germany||Apple|
|Lisa Rimpf - Email||Stuttgart||Germany||Dürr|
|Paris Amy - Email||Würzburg||Germany||Cummins|
|Jisha Bhattacharjee - Email||Bengaluru||India||ExxonMobil|
|Ranul Jain - Email||Bengaluru||India||ExxonMobil|
|Preethi R Karpoor - Email||Bengaluru||India||CMR Institute of Technology|
|Shanu Khandelwal - Email||Bengaluru||India||Boeing|
|Prarthana M J - Email||Bengaluru||India||IBM|
|Prakruthi Manjunath - Email||Bengaluru||India||Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology|
|Swathi Pennapareddy - Email||Bengaluru||India||Boeing|
|Divyashree Rajendra - Email||Bengaluru||India||Caterpillar|
|Sayantika Saha - Email||Bengaluru||India||Tata Consultancy Services|
|Anshuma Singh - Email||Bengaluru||India||Applied Materials|
|Geetika Tripathi - Email||Bengaluru||India||SAP|
|Bhavna Yadav - Email||Bengaluru||India||Synopsys|
|Patricia Yesudas - Email||Bengaluru||India||Tata Consultancy Services|
|Lakshita Jain - Email||Bhilai||India||MIT World Peace University|
|Mandeep Gill - Email||Chandigarh||India||BD|
|Neha Pal - Email||Chandigarh||India||Purdue University|
|Vandana Pandey - Email||Chennai||India||IBM|
|Santhi Ravi - Email||Chennai||India||Dow Chemical Company|
|Archana Venkataramanan - Email||Chennai||India||Dow Chemical Company|
|Suchita Kapoor - Email||Delhi||India||Keysight Technologies|
|Pearl Ray - Email||Gujarat||India||Reliance Industries Limited|
|Simmi Nagpal - Email||Gurgaon||India||Self-Employed|
|Rajwant Kaur - Email||Patiala||India||John Deere|
|Shweta Patil - Email||Pimpri Chinchwad||India||SPPU|
|Supriya Bhasme - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Ashwini Darekar - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Aishwarya Dubey - Email||Pune||India||Emerson|
|Geetu Garg - Email||Pune||India||IBM|
|Sayali Igave - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Shubhada P Kaulgud - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Guari Kulkarni - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Ritvi Mishra - Email||Pune||India||MKSSSs Cummins college of Engineering for Women|
|Neelam Patwardhan - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Sameera Shaikh - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Gitanjali Shinde - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Kanika Singh - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Priyanka Tharayil - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Renuka Thota - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Neha Verma - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Garima Yadav - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Davida Gondohusodo - Email||Jakarta||Indonesia||PT. Andala Auto Global|
|Umi Kerre - Email||Nairobi||Kenya||Kenya Civil Aviation Authority|
|Ruth Coker Collins - Email||Monrovia||Liberia||Tabitha Renaissance Engineering and Design Inc|
|Karina Puebla - Email||Juarez||Mexico||Cummins|
|Yesica Maria Martinez Monreal - Email||San Luis Potosi||Mexico||Cummins|
|Stella Chukwu - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Nigerian Airspace Management Agency|
|Vera Egwuatu - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Federal Capital Development Authority|
|Chinyere Igwegbe - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Krumberg Engineering Limited|
|Ogochukwu Okeke - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Conversation for Change (C4C)|
|Itohan Otoijamun - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||African University of Science and Technology|
|Stella Uzochukwu-Denis - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Odyssey Educational Foundation|
|Jessica Yakwo - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||National Assembly|
|Anthea Elameyi Udo - Email||Federal Capital Territory||Nigeria||FMWR/Transforming Irrigation Management Project|
|Adepero Jennifer Abraham - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||Bridgeways Group|
|Catherine Ameh - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||Unified Payments Nigeria|
|Oyenmwen Idon - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||Department of Petroleum Resources|
|Mulikat Abubakar Lanre - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||SCC Nigeria Limited|
|Ugomma Ogu - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||Stematic Learning Solutions|
|Peace Ikpotokin - Email||Rivers||Nigeria||Bridgeways Global Projects|
|Judith Kalu-Nchege - Email||Uyo||Nigeria|
|Mirzi Betasolo - Email||Lae||Papua New Guinea||Papua New Guinea University of Technology|
|Priyanka Deva - Email||Singapore||Singapore||IBM|
|Inga Urbina - Email||Barcelona||Spain||Keysight Technologies|
|Hamideh Ahmadloo - Email||Zurich||Switzerland||Dow Chemical Company|
|Gözde Kahraman- Email||Istanbul||Turkey||Koç University|
|Tutku Kiliçaslan - Email||Istanbul||Turkey||Koç University|
|Zeynep Deniz Lal - Email||Istanbul||Turkey||Koç University|
|Ozge Senan - Email||Izmir||Turkey||Cummins|
|Dr. Benay Uzer - Email||Kayseri||Turkey||Abdullah Gül University|
|Alexandra Topliffe - Email||Darlington||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Rija Ejaz - Email||Daventry||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Amrapali Amrapali - Email||Hounslow||United Kingdom||L3Harris|
|Jacqueline Torley - Email||Huddersfield||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Kayleigh McGrail - Email||London||United Kingdom||BD|
|Shweta Patel - Email||Milton Keynes||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Chidiebere Onyenanu - Email||Peterborough||United Kingdom||Cummins|