A SWE collegiate membership is an awesome way to prepare for a successful engineering career. As a member, you are part of a community of peers with access to exceptional tools, scholarships, training, leadership development, and networking.
Download the SWE Collegiate Membership flyer here.
NOTE: SWE membership is open to all genders. All SWE memberships coincide with the SWE fiscal year that runs from July 1 – June 30* and early renewal/join begins every April.
Your collegiate membership offers an outstanding value, including the following highlights:
- Eligibility for scholarships. More than $800,000 is awarded each year.
- SWE Career Center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning.
- Networking opportunities with practicing women engineers and other collegiates.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
- Regularly scheduled meetings that allow you to get advice from fellow members on everything from time management to graduate schools, all while making lifelong friendships.
- Discounted registration to SWE Annual and Local Conferences.
- Professional development seminars.
- Live professional development webinars that are also available as replays.
- Annual subscription to the award-winning SWE Magazine.
Login to the SWE Member Portal here to join SWE or update, renew, or reinstate your membership.
SWE Membership is available to college students pursuing a degree in engineering, engineering technology, or a field related to engineering and not employed full time in an engineering position. No application fee is required. View the available collegiate membership types below:
All membership purchases are non-refundable
|Standard Collegiate||Annual membership for college students majoring in engineering or a STEM field.||$20|
|Collegiate to Career (C2C)||One time payment for membership that will last throughout a members college career plus one additional year of professional membership after graduating. All students are required to have an expected graduation date on their account.||$50|
|Joint NSBE, SHPE, or AISES||Take advantage of a reduced joint membership rate when you join both SWE and one of these professional organizations: The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES), The National Society of Black Engineers, and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). (Only available April 15 - December 31)||
SHPE - $24.90
NSBE - $27
AISES - $35
|Global||SWE gives a 66% discount to members from low-income countries and a 33% membership discount to members from middle-income countries. Download: this chart lists countries that are middle-income or low-income. Use code LME at the checkout if your country is listed under low-middle economies. Use code LIE at checkout if your country is listed under low-income economies.||Discount is taken off of the standard collegiate rate of $20|
*Membership terms are of differing lengths for professional multi-year memberships, Life Membership, and C2C (collegiate to career) memberships.
***All membership purchases are non-refundable