Mentoring is one of the SWE core values. SWE members can take advantage of many mentoring opportunities at conferences and through various programs. Keep reading to find out how you can get involved!
Sign up for the SWE Mentor Network
The SWE Mentor Network is a private network for only SWE members that helps facilitate mentoring relationships. SWE members at all levels are able to offer mentoring services, receive mentoring, or even act as both a mentor and mentee.
There’s a few different ways to sign up:
Join the Mentoring Facilitation Work Group (MFWG)
The Mentoring Facilitation Work Group (MFWG) is part of the Membership Committee. This group is open to all SWE members interested in mentoring resources. Our intent is to provide a platform for members to engage in supportive discussion, networking, promote SWE mentorship initiatives, events and content.
Tools & Resources from the MFWG
- For a list of mentoring groups you can participate in as a SWE member, such as GradSWE, click here. Want us to add your group? Submit this form!
- Join the SWE Mentoring Facebook group to connect with other SWE mentors and mentees and learn about SWE mentoring programs. Please note this is a closed group, so SWE members are encouraged to actively participate and treat it a safe space to mentor each other and share best practices.
- Consider using this mentorship contract to set expectations in your mentoring relationship.
- Check out Ways to Find Mentors for other ideas!
Contact the Mentoring Facilitation Work Group at email@example.com.
More SWE Mentoring Resources
- Best Practices for Being a Super Mentor
- Best Practices for Finding and Keeping a Mentor
- Attract Advocacy of Influential Sponsors
- Intersectionality and Women of Color in the Engineering Workplace
- Learning to Love Criticism and Navigate Feedback
- Building Rapport: The Lost Art and Science of Effective Workplace Relationship
- Role Models Matter 101 – Who Are Role Models and Why Do They Matter
- Modern Networking in the Social Age
- Power of Mentoring
- 3 Ways to Earn the Backing of Influential Career Advocates
- Getting Girls into Robotics
- Building a Career Path as an Engineer
- Engineer Stays on Course With Help From Mentors
- How I Went From a Single Mom to an Engineer: Living the American Dream
- Carina Hahn on Her Life as Both Mentor & Mentee
- Physicist Olivia Castellini Talks About Mentoring
- Mentoring Matters: My Reflections on Being a SWE Speed Networking Mentor
- SWE Stories: Tales from the Archives – Mentoring Pt. 1
- SWE Stories: Tales from the Archives – Mentoring Pt. 2
- SWE Members Share Their Experiences on the SWE Mentor Network
- Celebrating National Mentoring Month!
- SWE Member Gretchen Hein on Why She Mentors
- Why a Best Friend at Work Makes Us More Successful
- The Mentoring Journey of a SWE Global Affiliate Member
- Expanding Women’s Influence on STEM
- SWEet Wisdom: How Can a Student Mentor Other Women in STEM?
- SWEet Wisdom: How do Mentors Make a Difference?
- How to Find a Mentor on the SWE Mentor Network
- Episode 58: Mentoring in the Month of January
- Episode 108: The Benefits of Mentorship with Cathy Meyn
- Episode 112: “Good Guys” Supporting Women in the STEM Workplace
- Episode 114: National Mentoring Month Celebration with Mentor Dr. Mauricio Cabrera-Ríos
- Episode 115: Men as Diversity Partners: Ken Fulmer, President & CEO of Urban Engineer
- Episode 119: Louvere Walker-Hannon on Getting More Black Women Involved in STEM
- What Motivates Men to Champion Gender Diversity?
- The Role of Culture and Women’s Persistence in Engineering: A Bi-Continent Roundtable Discussion
- Understanding the Early Career Experiences of Women of Color
- Then and Now: Women Engineers’ Perspectives on Changes and Challenges in the Field Since the 1970s
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.