SWE Mentoring Facilitation Work Group (Mentoring FWG)
Goal: To ensure that SWE has global, coordinated and harmonized mentoring programs
- Share Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Increase visibility to existing effective Mentoring Groups
- Facilitate Mentoring Group creation for Society members
Looking for mentoring resources? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured below are the Sub-Committee Leadership team members:
SWE Mentoring Programs Contact Form
Attention all SWE mentoring program Point of Contacts (POCs): Are you a host of an existing SWE Mentoring Group who would like to make your group visible to SWE members? Please fill out this google form so that we can publish this information on the SWE Mentoring Webpage.
Ways to Find Mentors – Click here for ways to find mentors
Setting Mentoring Program Expectations
See the attached mentorship contrant to sign with your mentor/mentee at the beginning of your mentoring.
SWE Resume Template – Click here for a SWE resume template you can use for award submissions, SWE leadership applications, etc.
Facebook Mentorship Feature
- Facebook now has a mentorship feature available through groups
- https://www.facebook.com/fbmentorship/admin/help/(This link works better from a computer)
- Mentorship provides a way to connect people who may need support and advice with people who have the expertise and experience to help. We are currently testing this product within Groups and Pages to let admins start mentorship programs for their communities.