The SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA) aims to inspire high school students to pursue careers in engineering and technology.
The SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA) provides high-school students with year-round programming to bring awareness and inspire students to pursue engineering and technology careers. Training and development are provided in five essential tracks, including:
- College preparation
- STEM pathways
- Inclusion and cultural awareness
Upcoming SHLA Programming
SWENext TV is on-demand content of our live learning web sessions based on SHLA’s key program tracks. All on-demand content will be hosted in the SHLA Google Classroom along with additional resources and materials for students. Below are the upcoming SWENext TV learning events:
Past SWENext TV learning available on-demand.
- Techniques For Advocating For Yourself
- College Considerations
- Resumes and Letters of Recommendation
- College Essays and The Common Application
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Fireside Chat: Resilience, Career Pathways, and STEMinism
- Exploring Career Pathways with Panel of SWE Partners
- Leading from the Passenger Seat: Practicing Leadership Skills
- SHLA Graduation Ceremony
- Drive, Like A Girl
- Careers in Public Safety
- Conflict Transformation – Navigating Disagreements to Create Deeper Connections
- Checking Your Bias, How To Promote An Inclusive Community Panel Discussion with SWE Board of Directors
SWENext Connect is an opportunity for students to connect in person and online with peers and mentors from our SWE community with expertise in various engineering fields. Click here for additional information. The next SWENext Connect will be:
- Tuesday, June 15 at 6 PM CST. Register for this event here!
To learn more about SHLA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is based upon work partially supported by the generosity of the Motorola Solutions Foundation, Lockheed Martin, General Motors, and Cisco.