The purpose of the SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA) is to inspire high school students to pursue careers in engineering and technology.
The SHLA program provides year-round programming in addition to a program held in conjunction with SWE's Annual Conference to provide high-school students with training and development opportunities in five key program tracks including:
- College preparation
- STEM pathways
- Inclusion and cultural awareness
To become familiar with engineering pathways and develop a STEM identity, it is critical that STEM-interested high school girls have access to women in the engineering workforce. SHLA provides the opportunity for students to experience the SWE community first-hand through networking, coaching, and mentoring to learn techniques to pursue STEM careers.
Upcoming SHLA Learning Events
Year-Round Online Content
- Techniques For Advocating For Yourself, on-demand now available - view now
- College Considerations, August 6 at 6 pm CST
- Resumes and Letters of Recommendation, August 13 at 6 pm CST
- College Essays and The Common Application, August 20 at 6 pm CST
- Scholarships and Financial Aid, August 27 at 6 PM CST
WE20 Virtual SWENext High School Leadership Academy (SHLA)