The SWE Ethics Committee is delegated to administer the procedures for review of SWE member conduct. In this capacity, the committee reviews complaints made by SWE members regarding potential violations of SWE’s Member Code of Conduct.
The Ethics Committee also ensures that the Member Code of Conduct and Procedure is implemented and followed consistently and objectively. The committee provides a review of complaints, including investigation, determines changes, and recommendations to the Board of Directors on actions to be taken, as appropriate.
If you have a question, concern, or formal complaint, you may contact the Ethics Committee directly. Please submit a completed “Formal Ethics Complaint Initiation Form” that can be found on the Resource Center under Governance Documents.
- SWE Member Code of Conduct: Found in About SWE under SWE Bylaws and Codes
- Ethics Committee Charter: Found in the Resource Center under Committee Charters & Operations Manuals.
- Conflict of Interest Form: Found in the Resource Center under Volunteer Forms.
- Policy Against Harassment: Found in the Resource Center under Governance Documents.
- Whistleblower Policy: Found in the Resource Center under Governance Documents.
- Ethics FAQ
Ethics Complaint Resolution Flowchart
Click the image to view a larger version or click here to view a PDF version