Friend of SWE
As a Friend of SWE, you will have access to the following resources:
- SWE Publications (digital) – All Together eNewsletter and SWE Magazine
- SWE Learning Tools – Access to one complimentary professional development webinar, online career center, K-12 outreach training material and SWE Archives. Utilize SWE member pricing for WE Annual Conference, workshops, eBooks, and online courses.
- SWE Networking – Invitation to join the SWE International Online Community and opportunity to launch or join a SWE International Affiliate on your university campus.
For students to join as a Friend of SWE:
- Go to the website below and click "Sign up for a customer account" using your official university email address
- Upon completion of setting up your "customer account", please email email@example.com the following information: full name, name of university, expected graduation date, and request to join the Friend of SWE program.
You can create your customer account here (If you already have an account, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information in step 2)
We highly recommend professionals become paid members of SWE rather than a Friend of SWE. More information on how to join SWE as a member, benefits and discounts can be found here. However, if you are starting a Global Affiliate, any individual on your application that is not already a member can be added as a Friend so they receive global notifications from SWE. If there is an already established Affiliate in your area, reach out to your Affiliate Leader so they can gather your information to send to HQ. Again, professionals must be associated with an Affiliate in order to be added as a Friend of SWE.