SWE is pleased to offer membership to full-time primary and secondary educators at a reduced rate of $20. Take advantage of it today!
Your membership at SWE sets you apart as an educator who creates a learning environment that is inclusive of diversity for the next generation of engineers and technologists. We hope you join our educator community and invite your colleagues to do the same (feel free to share our SWENextEd Membership Flyer with those you think are interested).
As an educator, SWE membership provides valuable tools and support, including:
- Access to SWE outreach resources and activities locally, nationally, and globally
- Award-winning SWE Magazine
- Free online learning professional development
- Reduced registration fees for SWE’s Annual Conference
- Opportunity to connect with SWE’s outreach community
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with SWE members: collegiate, professional and corporate members
Advocacy & Research
SWE advocates to federal lawmakers around the importance of adequate funding for STEM education:
- SWE Signs Letter with 100 Organizations to Advocate for Federal STEM Funding
- SWE’s Advocacy Contributes to Increase in STEM Education Funding
SWE provides recent research on the importance of supporting girls in their pursuit of engineering and technology education:
Start a SWENext Club
SWENext Clubs are a way for students to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in their area. SWENext Club can be any size with pre-college students. Learn more about starting a SWENext Club.
Programs for Educators
- STEM Pathways Digital Library
- 5 NSF-Supported STEM Resources for Virtual Learning
- Engineering Activities and Lesson Plans
- Teach Engineering – a collaborative project between faculty, students, and teachers.
- Techbridge – resources and activities available for girls and volunteers.
- Computerscience.org – STEM for Kids