SWE Affinity Groups
The SWE Affinity Groups (AGs) mission is to bring together communities that share similar interests and backgrounds that support the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategic goals of SWE. The SWE Affinity Groups framework includes Build Community, Professional Development, and Member Empowerment.
The SWE Affinity Groups now have a dedicated website. Click here to learn more about specific groups, upcoming events, and how to join.
- Develop a sense of community in the Affinity Groups fostering an inclusive environment where people discuss experiences in their engineering career, online and offline.
- Provide professional development opportunities enabling and sponsoring leadership experiences, networking and mentorship.
- Empower members through highlighting accomplishments and supporting diversity in the SWE Leadership pipeline, Awards, and Scholarships.
The SWE Affinity Groups are organized into Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Affinity Groups, Business and Interest Affinity Groups, and Career Stages Affinity Groups. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Affinity Groups are focused on the needs of social minority populations and support initiatives tailored to serve these communities.The Business and Interests Affinity Groups are loosely centered around the members’ business environment and career experiences. The Career Stages Affinity Groups represent members at different stages of their working life, from higher education, to starting off in the workplace, and advancing from there.
Join a SWE Affinity Group
SWE currently has 17 active Affinity Groups. Check out the different SWE online communities and find a way to connect that is best for you! To learn more about each group, click the following links:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Business and Interests:
- Global Women Engineers
- SWE Members in Small Businesses
- Technical Career Path
- Public Policy
- Women in Government
- Community Colleges
- GradSWE Community
- Early Career Professionals
- Mid-Career Professionals
- Late Career and Retiree
If you have questions or want to learn more about the SWE Affinity Groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.