Global Affiliate Program
A SWE Global Affiliate is a community of women engineers outside of the United States who wish to expand SWE's mission. Global Affiliates are local networks that aim to meet the needs of women engineers in their community to help their advancement – whether through organizing professional development events, hosting outreach activities, connecting women with career opportunities or other unique needs in their area.
SWE Global Affiliates may be formed by university students on their campus or by professionals within a geographic area (city, region, or province). Global Affiliates may be made up of SWE members and non-members, and their status as an affiliate allows the group to use the name of the Society for group functions.
Once formed, Global Affiliates renew their status and report new leaders annually.
What does a SWE Global Affiliate offer?
- A network of women in similar industries to share insights and experiences, provide support for one another and collaborate on activities
- Opportunity to organize a group that can articulate and advocate for the specific needs and concerns of women engineers
- Access to resources to conduct outreach activities and encourage young girls to explore STEM
- Personalized logos and marketing materials, SWE brand guidelines and access to a free website-building service to bring professionalism to their activities
- Recognition of achievements through SWE awards programs
- Opportunity to develop skills, such as public speaking, event planning, team management, etc., through affiliate leadership roles
- Scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students preparing for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science
- Reimbursement for eligible activities such as events and marketing
Questions about the program? Email us at email@example.com.
Interested in starting a Global Affiliate? First, check to see if one already exists on your campus or in your city. If no affiliate exists in your area, review the New Global Affiliate Application Checklist to be sure you have all of the required information. Once you are ready, start the online application for either a professional or university affiliate. You will be able to create an account to save your progress and come back to the application until you are ready to submit.
Questions about the application? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campinas Metropolitan Region - Contact Us
- Catalão - Contact Us
- FAHOR - Faculdade Horizontina - Contact Us
- Rio Grande do Sul – Oeste - Contact Us
- Rio Grande do Sul-Porto Alegre & Metropolitan Region - Contact Us
- University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos - Contact Us
- Calgary - Contact Us
- Durham Region-Ontario - Contact Us
- McGill University - Contact Us
- Ottawa - Contact Us
- Toronto - Contact Us
- University of Calgary - Contact Us
- Beijing - Contact Us
- University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute - Contact Us
- Wuhan - Contact Us
- Wuxi - Contact Us
- Universidad de la Costa (CUC) - Contact Us
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Universite Loyola Du Congo (ULC) - Contact Us
- Brno - Contact Us
- Metropolregion Rhein-Neckar - Contact Us
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai - Contact Us
- Bangalore - Contact Us
- Chennai - Contact Us
- College of Engineering, Pune - Contact Us
- CMR Institute of Technology, Bengaluru - Contact Us
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune - Contact Us
- Cusrow Wadia Institute of Technology, Pune
- Delhi - Contact Us
- IIT Madras Alumni Association - Contact Us
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar - Contact Us
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Delhi - Contact Us
- KIT's College of Engineering, Kolhapur - Contact Us
- Kolhapur - Contact Us
- MIT-World Peace University (WPU), Pune - Contact Us
- Mody University of Science and Technology, Sikar, Rajasthan - Contact Us
- Mohali - Contact Us
- Mumbai - Contact Us
- Pune - Contact Us
- PVG College of Engineering & Technology, Pune - Contact Us
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- Shishu Mandir Community College
- Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women, Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh - Contact Us
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore - Contact Us
- Montserrado County - Contact Us
- Coahuila - Contact Us
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology - Contact Us
- Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología
- Texas A&M Qatar University - Contact Us
Republic of Kazakhstan
- Nazarbayev University
United Arab Emirates
Global Ambassador Program
The Global Ambassador Program is an opportunity for SWE members outside of the USA to serve in leadership positions to advance SWE's mission. Global Ambassadors promote the SWE brand, grow the SWE community in their region and contribute their diverse global perspectives to SWE's global strategy.
SWE Global Ambassadors serve for one year from 1 July to 30 June. They are provided training and tools to prepare them for success in this volunteer leadership role. Global Ambassadors must reapply each year to ensure they remain up-to-date on SWE activities and pledge their continued commitment. Applications for the Global Ambassador program are accepted annually from May to 30 June.
The Global Ambassador Program seeks individuals from diverse backgrounds that would like to serve in a leadership position representing their city, country, region and the Society.
- Paid SWE member
- Reside outside of the United States
- Commit to the ambassador responsibilities for the full year from 1 July to 30 June
- Commit to being actively involved in campus and/or community activities
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. However, ambassadors are eligible for authorized reimbursement funding.
If you are not ready to commit an entire year to serve as a Global Ambassador, but you still want to get involved, email email@example.com to learn about other opportunities.
The Global Ambassador role focuses on representing and promoting SWE, while also growing your personal leadership abilities.
- Actively promote the SWE brand through various communication tools, i.e., personal social media, current employer forums, speaking at events, authoring a published article, etc.
- Actively recruit and serve as a resource for engineers in your area interested in joining SWE or participating in a SWE activity.
- Stay up-to-date with current membership and SWE network statistics; be knowledgeable about SWE activities in your city and country.
- Be familiar with activities outside your region in order to provide a general overview of global activities to potential members and partners.
- Promote SWE's annual conference and, when applicable, regional/local SWE conferences and workshops.
- Assist SWE with the localization of products and services for your region. This could include editing resources and toolkits to reflect the norms in your country, serving as a speaker for a webinar or podcast, or identifying local partnerships that could be mutually beneficial.
- Serve as a resource for Collegiate or Professional Affiliate(s) your area.
- Serve as a resource for teachers and administrators in your area interested in SWE Outreach activities.
- Maintain a record of your activities a as SWE Global Ambassador and submit regular reports.
Personal Leadership Development:
- Complete one of the five SWE Leadership Competency eLearning Modules – Communication, Business Knowledge and Management, Self-Management, Leadership Abilities, or Mentoring, Coaching and Sponsorship – based on interest.
- Create a personal Leadership Development Plan (template provided by SWE) in order to set measurable, time sensitive and realistic goals to support your role as a SWE Global Ambassador. The plan will include:
- Leadership Vision with examples of role models or mentors
- Blind Spots & Learning Agenda
- Personal Mission Statement
- Realignments and coalitions
- Regularly participate in SWE Global Ambassador conference calls, training webinars and in-person meetings, when applicable.
Get to know the FY20 Global Ambassadors who span nearly 20 countries and bring a rich diversity of cultures and experiences to SWE. Check out the Global Ambassador Yearbook to learn more about each of them.
|Adriele Rocha - Email||Catalão||Brazil||John Deere|
|Fabiane Conrad - Email||Horizontina||Brazil||John Deere|
|Cecilia Breda - Email||Limeira||Brazil||John Deere|
|Marina Gessinger - Email||Porto Alegre||Brazil||John Deere|
|Beatriz de Rizzo - Email||São Paulo||Brazil||Cummins|
|Camille Duvalle - Email||São Paulo||Brazil||ExxonMobil|
|Carla Ribeiro - Email||São Paulo||Brazil||Cummins|
|Karen Chan - Email||Oshawa||Canada||TD Bank Group|
|Alessandra Massaro - Email||Toronto||Canada||CIMA+|
|Evangeline Philos - Email||Toronto||Canada||Weston Foods|
|Akhila Srinivasan - Email||Toronto||Canada||CIMA+|
|Tugce Tuysuz - Email||Vancouver||Canada||Permascand AB|
|Kathryn Doe - Email||Windsor||Canada||Jabil Nypro|
|Lulu Ge - Email||Beijing||China||Cummins|
|Evy Pinero - Email||Beijing||China||Tsinghua University|
|Dongjie Wei - Email||Beijing||China||Cummins|
|Liu Fengqin - Email||Wuhan||China||Cummins|
|Candy Lv - Email||Wuhan||China||Cummins|
|Qianyun Chen - Email||Wuxi||China||Cummins|
|Liang Qun - Email||Wuxi||China||Caterpillar|
|Zhu Wei - Email||Wuxi||China||Cummins|
|Blanca Rosa Navarro - Email||Heredia||Costa Rica||DXC|
|Jarmila Novakova - Email||Brno||Czech Republic||Honeywell|
|Katrina Simpson - Email||Aachen||Germany||INNIO Jenbacher|
|Jamila J. Borda - Email||Blaustein||Germany||Continental|
|Anca Eisele - Email||Dannstadt||Germany||John Deere|
|Haley Carney Nunes - Email||Hannover||Germany||Continental|
|Fabienne Seibold - Email||Mannheim||Germany||John Deere|
|Dr. Eng. Marwa El Hefnawy - Email||Munich||Germany||Intel|
|Maryam Saif - Email||San Pedro Sula||Honduras||Penn State University|
|Sanjana Alex - Email||Bengaluru||India||Biome Environmental Trust|
|Jisha Bhattacharjee - Email||Bengaluru||India||ExxonMobil|
|Vinita Chaudhary - Email||Bengaluru||India||Collins Aerospace|
|Ranul Jain - Email||Bengaluru||India||ExxonMobil|
|Preethi R Karpoor - Email||Bengaluru||India||CMR Institute of Technology|
|Shanu Khandelwal - Email||Bengaluru||India||Boeing|
|Shalawn Kirkland Jackson - Email||Bengaluru||India||ExxonMobil|
|Amrita Mishra - Email||Bengaluru||India||Collins Aerospace|
|Annapoorni R K - Email||Bengaluru||India||IBM|
|Sayantika Saha - Email||Bengaluru||India||General Motors|
|Usha Nandini Shekar - Email||Bengaluru||India||SAP|
|Preeti Shukla - Email||Bengaluru||India||Shell|
|Geetika Tripathi - Email||Bengaluru||India||SAP|
|Vandana Verma Sehgal - Email||Bengaluru||India||IBM|
|Bhavna Yadav - Email||Bengaluru||India||Synopsys|
|Vandana Pandey - Email||Chennai||India||IBM|
|Santhi Ravi - Email||Chennai||India||Dow Inc|
|Archana Venkataramanan - Email||Chennai||India||Dow Inc|
|Simmi Nagpal - Email||Gurgaon||India||Self-Employed|
|Pallavi Ambaldhage - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Aishwarya Dubey - Email||Pune||India||Emerson|
|Shubhada P Kaulgud - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Jashanpreet Kaur - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Shruti Khalwadekar - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Anuja Pandey - Email||Pune||India||Emerson|
|Neelam Pathak - Email||Pune||India||Cummins|
|Shalvika Patil - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Sameera Shaikh - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Rishika Shekhawat - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Arti Shinde - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Kanika Singh - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Garima Yadav - Email||Pune||India||John Deere|
|Davida Gondohusodo - Email||Jakarta||Indonesia|
|Ruth Coker Collins - Email||Monrovia||Liberia|
|Winnie Mameni Siakor - Email||Monrovia||Liberia||Education Development Center|
|Edith N. Tarplah - Email||Monrovia||Liberia||MHB Power|
|Princess Mariam Zawu - Email||Monrovia||Liberia||Liberia Telecommunications Corporation|
|Laura Carlos - Email||San Luis Potosi||México||Cummins|
|Yesica Maria Martinez Monreal - Email||San Luis Potosi||México||Cummins|
|Vera Egwuatu - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Federal Capital Development Authority|
|Stella Uzochukwu-Denis - Email||Abuja||Nigeria||Odyssey Educational Foundation|
|Ruth Osariemen Ize-iyamu - Email||Benin||Nigeria||Ehiozefe International Company|
|Anthea Udo Ochedikwu - Email||Federal Capital Territory||Nigeria||FMWR/Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project|
|Catherine Omada Ameh - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||Unified Payments Nigeria|
|Mulikat A. Lanre - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||SCC|
|Ugomma Deborah Ogu - Email||Lagos||Nigeria||NxGen Technologies|
|Ikpotokin Osalumhense Peace - Email||Port Harcourt||Nigeria||DC|
|Sandy Goodnews Sunday - Email||Port Harcourt||Nigeria||Prime Source Limited|
|Charity Ukwune - Email||Port Harcourt||Nigeria||Bubble Point Nigeria Limited|
|Dr. Mirzi L. Betasolo - Email||Lae||Papua New Guinea||Papua New Guinea University of Technology|
|Priyanka Deva - Email||Singapore||Singapore||IBM|
|Inga Urbina - Email||Barcelona||Spain||Keysight Technologies|
|Beatrice Camarota - Email||Eindhoven||The Netherlands||Cummins|
|Suzanne Klaassen - Email||Heiloo||The Netherlands||Suzanne Swint Engineering Solutions|
|Tutku Kiliçaslan - Email||Istanbul||Turkey||Koc University|
|Ozge Senan - Email||Izmir||Turkey||Cummins|
|Dr. Benay Uzer - Email||Kayseri||Turkey||Abdullah Gül University|
|Devna Devang Chauhan - Email||Darlington||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Jacqueline Torley - Email||Huddersfield||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Jessica Circe Rogers - Email||London||United Kingdom||Genuine Jesstures Coaching|
|Shweta Patel||Milton Keynes||United Kingdom||Cummins|
|Andra Patricia Groapa - Email||Peterborough||United Kingdom||Caterpillar|
In an effort to deliver localized educational programs and services to women engineers in all parts of the world, SWE recognizes the value of partnering with national and regional entities in various countries. SWE Sister Organizations share in the mission and values of SWE and are dedicated to helping women achieve their full potential in their careers as engineers and leaders.
Members of SWE Sister Organizations are valued “Friends of SWE” and entitled to various SWE benefits, which may include access to online professional development training through SWE ADVANCE, opportunities to co-host and co-brand local events, special rates to attend SWE's Annual Conference and much more.
If you are a member of a SWE Sister Organization, please contact your organization to learn more about your SWE benefits. If you would like to learn how your organization can participate in the SWE Sister Organization Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWE Sister Organizations include:
Japan Women’s Innovative Network (JWIN)
Thank You to SWE Global Champions
Global Champions advance SWE’s mission by committing to actively create, nurture and sustain organizational opportunities for women engineers and technologists across the globe.