Life membership is available with a donation of $2,000 towards the Life Membership donation option on our main donation site. All funds are kept in a reserve fund by through the SWE Endowment Fund Inc to provide funding for SWE in the future.
How to Become A Life Member:
To become a Life Member, you must make a total donation of $2,000 in accordance with one of the three payment options below and fill out this contract and send it to the following email: email@example.com. Please note:
- You may use your employer’s matching donation program towards your $2,000 commitment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Unless you make the full ($2,000) donation at one time, you must also maintain an active SWE membership and pay your regular SWE dues.
- The minimum donation amount towards a Life Membership payment is $500.
How to Make Life Member Payments:
Online: You may donate online by going to org/donate and selecting the Life Membership donation option under the “Fund” drop-down menu.
Mail: Checks and/or stocks are to be made payable to "Society of Women Engineers" and sent to: Society of Women Engineers, 130 E. Randolph Street, Suite 3500, Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: Donations can be made by phone by calling 312-596-5223.
You may select on of the three following payment plans on your LIfe Member contract.
- Plan A: $2,000 payable when the contract is signed.
- Plan B: Readily marketable securities with a minimum value of the full Life Membership contract payable when the contract is signed.
- Plan C: Three-year contract: $500 payable in cash at the time the contract is signed; $500 payable in cash on each of the three successive contract anniversary dates.
As a SWE Life Member, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited access to all SWE member benefits for life.
- Eliminates the need to renew membership on an annual basis.
- Life Members benefit from special invitations to events at SWE's Annual Conference.
- Life Members promote the long-term sustainability of the organization through their generosity.
- Members receive savings in dues if they plan to commit to the organization for more than twenty years.