SWENext Clubs are a way to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in your area. Your SWENext club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. You can work on projects that use engineering to help people in your community, or compete in a competition like Future City Competition or FIRST Robotics Competition. Your club can be all about engineering outreach for younger students. The direction of your club is up to you!
The 2019 SWENext Club Challenge is live!
The winning team will receive an all-expense paid trip to Anaheim, CA to attend SWENext High School Leadership Academy and Invent it. Build it. on November 8th and 9th, 2019!
Who's Eligible: Grade 9 - 12 (in Fall 2019)
What you have to do: Create a 5-7 minute video that addresses the ‘WE Live, WE Learn, WE Lead’ values as identified in the award prompt.
Club Challenge Winners Receive the Following:
- All-Expense-Paid Trip and Registration to WE19, SWE’s global conference in Anaheim, California in November 2019 for 4 students and one adult chaperone.
- Participation in the SWENext High School Leadership Academy.
- Participation in the Invent it. Build it.
- Recognition at the SWE WE19 Awards Banquet
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes Engineering Tour of Disneyland.
- Participation in Community Award poster presentations during the Outreach EXPO where they will present their poster to middle school girls, parents, educators, and professional engineers.
- A trophy and certificate of achievement.
- SWE Commemorative Shirts: “Watch Me Change the World” and other goodies.
Deadline: September 1st, 2019