SWENext Clubs are a way to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in your area! Your SWENext Club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. The direction of your club is up to you! Below are a few common things clubs do:
- Work on projects that use engineering to help people in your community
- Compete in competitions like SWENext Club Challenge, Future City Competition, or FIRST Robotics. Check out previous club challenge winners here.
- Gain leadership experience
- Host outreach events for younger students in your community
- Attend outreach events hosted by SWE sections in your area
- Explore career and college options
- …and much more!
CALLING ALL SWENEXT CLUBS!
Beginning January 18, 2021, ALL SWENext Clubs are invited to participate in the SWEet Creation Challenge for your chance to win up to $100 for your club's activities and events!
The Challenge: What new engineering field do you see emerging in the next fifty years?
What to do:
- As a team, make a virtual creation that depicts what the world would be like with this new field and describe any relevant background that led you to your prediction!
- Use your creativity! Visuals can include:
- Comic Strip
- Note: Videos are NOT acceptable for this challenge
The challenge is open for submissions on January 18, 2021 and will close on March 18, 2021 @11:59PM CST. You can submit your creation here!
For more details on the challenge, eligibility requirements and submission tips, check out our SWEet Creation Challenge One-Pager.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find A SWENext Club Near You!
Does your SWENext Club information on this map need updating? Would you like more information about any of the clubs on the map? Contact us at email@example.com!