SWENext Clubs are a way to connect with SWE members and other SWENexters in your area. Your SWENext club can be any size with students in K-12 grades. You can work on projects that use engineering to help people in your community, or compete in a competition like Future City Competition or FIRST Robotics Competition. Your club can be all about engineering outreach for younger students. The direction of your club is up to you!
SWENext Community Engagement Challenge
Enter your Club for a Chance to Win $1000!
Learn More About the Challenge Today!
The SWENext DesignLab Community Engagement Challenge presentations will take place during DesignLab in San Diego, Buffalo, and Des Moines. The challenge asks teams of high school students to create a hands-on engineering activity for younger students that will help resolve a local issue. The teams will present their proposal to a panel of women engineers for a chance to win $1,000 to implement their project and an all-expense paid trip to SWE’s annual conference, WE20, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Teams will solve community problems using engineering and design solutions with women engineers in their community. Teams who enter the challenge will get experience in grant proposal writing, project implementation, presentation skills, and leadership.
- Entry Form: November 1, 2019
- Confirmation Form: November 18, 2019
- Design Outline Presentation Submission: January 18, 2020
- DesignLab Presentation Date: February 1, 2020
- Entry Form: January 12, 2020
- Confirmation Form: January 26, 2020
- Design Outline Presentation Submission: March 8, 2020
- DesignLab Presentation Date: March 28, 2020