Advocates for Empowerment (A4E) is a gender parity and equality benchmarking program offered annually by the Society of Women Engineers to achieve four main objectives:
- Provide organizations with actionable information and assistance to recruit and retain diverse women in engineering and technology positions as well as advance them into top management.
- Determine best and promising practices to achieve and maintain parity and equality in the workforce.
- Assess how diverse women in engineering and technology positions are doing in the workforce.
- Identify areas for more in-depth research on diverse women in engineering and technology.
SWE A4E uses rigorous methodology to analyze data from participating organizations in three key categories to identify the best employers, and provide women and organizations with valuable insights:
- Representation of Diverse Women in the Workforce
- Programs, Policies & Practices to Retain and Advance Diverse Women in the Workforce
- Corporate Culture that is Inclusive and Supportive of Diverse Women in the Workforce
Unlike other recognitions programs, SWE A4E is focused on providing positive recognition to effect change. In acknowledgement of the effort necessary to complete the program requirements, all participating organizations are recognized, not just those with high scores.
Find out more about the A4E Program at https://a4e.swe.org/.